This chili is really good, especially with the macaroni in it, has beef and beans too and I garnished it with sour cream, cheese, and green onions. YUMMY.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked following package directions
- In a pot, brown beef, onion and garlic 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper and oregano.
- Cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Drain liquid from tomatoes into pot, chop tomatoes and add.
- Fill can with water and add to pot along with tomato sauce, beans and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer uncovered 35 minutes.
- Serve over macaroni.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.