These prawn cakes are a great appetizer or small finger food to serve with drinks. They can be made in huge batches, all shaped and kept in the freezer. And when you need them (which will be often), just take them out and shallow fry. It is ready to be served. Great for unexpected guest.
- 600 g green prawns (raw)
- 1 egg white
- 2 fresh lime leaves, shredded
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cups fresh corn flakes, crushed finely
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- oil, for shallow frying
- extra sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Place prawn meat, egg white, lime leaves, sweet chilli sauce, cornflakes and rice flour in a food processor and process till the mixture is combined, BUT not smooth.
- With wet hands, shape the mixture into small cakes.
- Heat enough oil in a frying pan over medium heat to shallow fry.
- Add prawn cakes a few at a time and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or till golden brown.
- Place the cooked prawn cakes on kitchen towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve with the extra sweet chilli sauce.