- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups fresh corn off the cob
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- ½ cup sliced shallots
- ¼ cup chopped coriander and parsley
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 halves roast tomatoes
- 1 bunch rocket
- 4 rashers bacon, grilled
- olive oil
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and paprika into a large bowl, stir in sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients, whisk until smooth.
- Place corn, capsicum, shallots and herbs in a bowl, add just enough batter to bind.
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat, then drop in two tablespoons of batter per fritter.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Top with roasted tomatoes, rocket and bacon, and drizzle olive oil around base.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.