This rich, classic dessert is made with cake flour, vanilla extract, and whipping cream, and keeps a surefire, divine taste with the sugar content.
- 3 sticks butter
- 3 ⅞ cups sugar, divided, white only
- 7 eggs, with the whites separated
- 1 ⅞ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 ¼ cups cake flour
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Grease and flour a deep 10-inch tube pan.
- Cream butter well and mix 2 ⅞ cups sugar with cream until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg yolks and mix well. Sift the cake flour 3 times and then measure.
- Alternately, when adding cake flour and whipping cream, starting and ending with flour, then beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well. Beat eggs whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining 1 cup sugar to egg whites to make a stiff meringue. Fold egg whites mixture into batter.
- Pour the batter into greased and floured tube pan. Put a pan in a cold oven and set temperature at 325° F. Bake 1 ½ hours or until the cake is golden-brown and test done.
- Let cake stand in a pan for 16-18 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife and invert the pan over a cake rack.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing. Serve cold and plain or with any dessert.
Contributed by : Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.