Sweet Potatoes Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in margarine. Stir in mashed potatoes. Gradually add milk to form dough.
- Roll or pat dough to ½ inch thickness on floured board. Cut with biscuit cutter.
- Bake biscuits on a greased cookie sheet for 12–15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.