- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg (or ¼ cup egg mix + ¼ cup water)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon water
1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2.Drain and mash sweet potatoes. Add white sugar, egg, 1 tablespoon melted butter, milk, and vanilla and mix well. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
3.In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, chopped nuts, flour, 1 tablespoon water, and the remaining tablespoon of melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
4.Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until casserole is heated and brown sugar topping is melted.
- Sweet Potatoes Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe