- 1 med sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 med onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 each water or vegetable broth
- 1 heaping tbsp of cornstarch mixed with a little cold water to form a thin paste
- Sauté the onions in a wok or large frying pan until soft.
- Add the sweet potato and seasonings.
- Stir until the curry powder forms a paste on the vegetables, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Add enough liquid to almost cover the sweet potato and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Thicken with the cornstarch paste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.