Vegetable of the Month: Sweet Potato by the US Center for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 6 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potatoes
- 1 cup finely shredded onions
- 1 tsp salt-free herb seasoning
- 1⅔ cup unbleached flour
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups egg substitute
- 6 tsp canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, lemon juice, herb blend, egg, flour, and parsley.
- In a large no-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat, warm 2 tsp of the oil.
- Drop a large Tbsp of the batter into the pan and spread it with a spatula to form a thin pancake. Add more batter to fill the pan without crowding the pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat, adding the remaining 4 tsp oil as needed, until all the batter has been used.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.