- 2 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 c. warm, mashed sweet potatoes
- 7 c. flour
- Soft butter for spreading on rolled out dough
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add salt and shortening, eggs and sweet potatoes.
- Add flour to mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating after each addition thoroughly. The last cup may need to be mixed by hand.
- Knead on bread board about 5 minutes until elastic.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or more.
- Divide dough in 1/2.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread with butter.
- Cut in 16 wedges and roll each from large end.
- Place on oiled sheet (pan) point down.
- Let rise 1 hour.
- Do other 1/2 the same way.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Brush with butter.
- May be made into clover leaf or parker house shape instead of crescents.
Contributed by : Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.