Sweet Potato Soup from the Public Domain Cookbook -- original source of recipe, taken from government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 8
- ⅔ cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 6 cups peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (15½ oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 (14½ oz) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.