Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings of sweet wine and vanilla peach melba.
- 2 cups sweet dessert wine (I used sangria)
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped off or 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, halved (I used nectarines from our tree)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 pints raspberry sorbet
- In a 13x9 inch baking dish, mix wine and vanilla.
- Add peaches, cut sides down.
- Marinate at room temp 2 hours, occasionally spooning marinade over peaches.
- Transfer peaches cup sides up to a platter, refrigerate.
- Pour marinade into saucepan, stir in sugar.
- Bring to a boil, boil until thick and syrupy.
- Let cool to room temp.
- To serve---put a peach half cut side up into each of 8 dessert bowls, put a scoop of sorbet into each cavity and drizzle with syrup.
- Garnish with red raspberries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.