Makes 6 servings.
- 1 x 8-ounce can sliced pineapple (in unsweetened juice)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 x 12-ounce package frankfurters, cut into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 x 14½ to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut each slice into 8 pieces.
- Cook onion, celery, green pepper and franks in butter until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add tomatoes, pineapple and juice, broth, mustard, ginger, garlic salt and seasoned pepper. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Blend brown sugar, cornstarch and sauce.
- Add to frankfurter mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened and clear, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.