Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Date on card says 1944.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced or (10 frozen hash browns)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Put potatoes (or hash browns) in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle potatoes (or hash browns) with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the grated cheese and pour cream evenly over the top.
- Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Serve hot and plain or with other main dishes, vegetables, or side dishes but transfer the cooked, sliced potatoes (or hash browns) to a large plate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.