Purchased from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990. Date on card says 1944.
- 6 medium potatoes, cleaned and sliced/shredded or (2lbs. frozen hash browns)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Layer potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cover with the grated cheese and pour cream evenly over the top.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.