Polish apple cake
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 6 medium apples (washed, peeled and chopped)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground up flax seeds
- ½ cup oil
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place the apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Mix the flour, oats, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, flax seeds, oil and almond extract.
- Combine egg and flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the fruit, nuts and raisins.
- Mix very well.
- You can add some more if the mixture is extremely wet (but it will be wet).
- Put into a large baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 1 hour until risen and skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and cool in the baking dish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.