- 1 turnip
- 2 medium carrots
- ½ pound napa cabbage
- 4 dried chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons whole szechuan peppercorn
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2½ cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons wine
- 1 x 2-inch cinnamon stick
- 3 slices ginger
- Cut the turnip and carrots into chunks. Do not peel.
- Tear the napa cabbage leaves into shreds.
- Chop the peppers into small pieces.
- Place the peppercorn and the salt in the bottom of the pickling jar.
- Pour in the boiling water, stirring to dissolve the salt.
- Stir in the wine.
- Add the cinnamon stick, ginger, and the vegetables.
- Cover and let sit for at least 2 days before using.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.