- 3/4 cups uncooked fine-grained cracked bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Lemon Garlic Dressing (see recipe below)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- ===Lemon-Garlic Dressing===
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
2.Using a whisk, combine all dressing ingredients below in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
4.Place bulgur in a medium bowl and then add boiling water. Stir then let stand for 1 hour. Pour off any excess water and fluff with a fork.
5.Stir in vegetables and garbanzo beans with the bulgur then toss with the dressing.
- Tabbouleh Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource