- ⅓ cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 whole lemons, juiced
- 1 bunch mint, fresh
- 8 bunch parsley large bunches, 8 cups chopped
- 4 whole scallions both white and green parts, sliced thin
- 3 whole tomatoes, ripe, diced
- salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground , to taste
- olive oil optional, highly recommended for taste. tablespoon to a quarter cup
- Cover bulgur with warm water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Mix in the lemon juice, crushed garlic , salt and pepper.
- Allow this to rest until bulgur is soft, about 30 minutes.
- Wash the mint and parsley well and dry it.
- Chop parsley and mint finely using a knife or food processor (if using a food processor it helps to use the pulse in order to prevent chopping to fine and turning the herbs to a puree).
- Combine the mint, parsley, scallions and tomatoes and bulgur mixture.
- Toss with olive oil as desired.
- Add lemon juice, salt or pepper as desired to adjust the taste.
- Serve with small romaine lettuce leaves, use them as scoops.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.