- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1.Preheat oven to 325 F.
2.In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, and drain fat. Mix in dry taco seasoning.
3.Spoon browned meat into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Spoon a layer of refried beans over meat, then salsa. Top with shredded cheese.
4.Bake about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Beans, Refried Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe