- ¾ cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅔ cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare thousand island dressing if you are making it from scratch.
- Cook beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown;.
- Stir in water, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, red pepper, and beans.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Mix lettuce, cheese, olives, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl.
- Toss with thousand island dressing.
- Add beef mixture and toss.
- Divide on serving plates.
- Garnish with avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.