A quick and easy Filipino dessert, this classic, no-cook recipe has only four ingredients - pinipig, sugar, real, grated coconut, and evaporated milk and is served in the provinces but with other desserts.
- 2 ¾ cups toasted, ground pinipig
- ¾ cup sugar, brown or white only
- ¾ cup grated young coconut
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Toast the pinipig and then grind by mortar and pestle.
- In a fresh, large bowl, mix 1 cup pinipig, grated young coconut, and sugar.
- Moisten with evaporated milk, adding little by little.
- Roll mixture to ½-inch thickness between two pieces of banana leaves or waxed paper.
- Cut into serving portions and dust with the remaining, toasted, ground pinipig.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.