- 1 cup tahina
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 3-5 crushed garlic cloves (optional)
- finely chopped parsley (optional)
- To tahina, add water, lemon juice, salt, cumin and vinegar then stir thoroughly until well blended and a smooth paste will result. Or, dissolve salt in water, then add cumin, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Stir, then gradually add tahina stirring constantly. Add any or all of the optional ingredients, according to taste. You may also use a blender or food processor at a slow speed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.