Taiwanese Special Fried Noodles
- 500 g fine rice noodles
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 250 g fatty minced pork
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 3 Chinese mushrooms, soaked in water and diced
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- pinch of sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced and fried
- oil, for cooking
- 1 bunch spring onions, green ends only, cut into 2–3 cm lengths
- ½ cup carrot, cut into fine slivers
- Additional 125 mL light soy sauce
- 500 mL water
- 2 cups bean shoots
- 1 bunch garlic chives, chopped
- few leaves coriander leaves
- Soak noodles as recommended on the packet in boiling water, then strain in a colander. Take care not to overcook.
- In a frypan, fry garlic, then add Pork mince and five spice powder. Fry the spice to enhance the flavour.
- Add Mushrooms and soy sauce, then a pinch of Sugar and enough water to cover the meat. Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes before adding the onions for a further 10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat some oil to a high heat and lightly stir fry the spring onions, then add the carrot sticks. Add additional soy sauce and a cup of boiling water.
- Add noodles and toss through the mixture in the wok.
- Add bean shoots and garlic chives. Toss together and serve on a large plate.
- Pour meat sauce over the noodles and garnish with coriander leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.