- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) meat
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) onions
- 110 g (4 oz) mutton fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the filling, put meat through a meat-grinder, combine well with chopped onions, cubed fat, salt and pepper.
- To make stiff dough, add water and salt to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cut dough into 70 g (2½ oz) pieces and roll out each piece into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling in the center, pinch edges up around the filling, form an oval, and completely enclose the meat.
- Stick samsa to the walls of a tandoor and bake 25 – 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.