- 2 lbs of any white fish fillets (cut into 2 – 3-inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Blend together ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne and oil in the blender to form a fine paste.
- Marinate the fish pieces into the paste for about 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat the oven on maximum heat at broil.
- Cover the oven tray with foil to avoid mess.
- Place the marinated fish pieces on the tray and broil for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Turn over and broil for about 8 minutes again.
- Keep a constant check. Broiling time may vary depending on the thickness of fish pieces.
- Serve the tandoori fish hot with your favorite chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.