- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup cider or wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp margarine
- 8 tsp sugar
- Beat or whisk together water, vinegar, cornstarch, flour, mustard, salt and pepper in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly about 6 minutes until smooth and thickened.
- Stir in margarine and sugar.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into clean jars (eg. ½ cup canning jars) and mark with contents and date to use by.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.