- 2 chicken leg quarters (about 14 oz.), skinned
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1.Preheat the broiler at least 5 to 7 minutes.
2.Place chicken on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a broiler pan or place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Line the pan with aluminum foil to reduce cleanup.
3.Sprinkle garlic powder over chicken.
4.Broil 5½ inches from heat 20 minutes.
5.Combine applesauce and soy sauce; brush over chicken.
6.Turn chicken over, and broil an additional 10 minutes or until done, basting frequently with applesauce mixture.
- Chicken, Leg Quarters, Frozen by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource -- original source of recipe