- 2 to 3 large cucumbers
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 3 to 4 cups fresh pea greens — if you can find them—a leafy sprout could be substituted or these could be omitted
- 4 to 5 fresh water chestnuts — canned are also okay
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- several splashes to 1 tsp tabasco sauce (no, really, it works!)
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Peel the cucumber, slice it down the middle and remove the seeds.
- Cut each half down the middle and slice these strips into bite sized pieces.
- Toss cucumbers and mung bean sprouts into a large sealable container.
- Mix the dressing separately and pour over the veggies.
- Put the lid on the container and shake it.
- Put it in the fridge to marinate for 3 hours or over night, shaking it whenever you think of it. :)
- Just before serving add the pea greens and peeled, chopped water chestnuts and shake the whole thing together again.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.