Makes 16 servings.
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups cooked medium grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- lime peel (optional)
- Crust: Combine gingersnap crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl; stir until blended.
- Press mixture along bottom and sides of 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Filling: Combine rice, milk and sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy (20 to 25 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Chill.
- Spread whipped cream over pudding.
- Cut into bars and garnish with lime peel, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.