Cottage cheese fritters
- 500 grams of paneer
- ½ cup Mint-Coriander Chutney
- 1 cup gram flour
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- water, as needed
- oil for deep frying
- Add the gram flour, salt and chaat masala into a large bowl, and add water to make a fine batter.
- Cut paneer into cubes. Put some mint-coriander chutney on one side of a piece of paneer, and top with another piece to form a sandwich.
- Continue to make paneer sandwiches with the remaining pieces. Dip each paneer sandwich into the batter and deep-fry till they turn brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala and serve hot with tamarind chutney or ketchup.
Spicy Notes Edit
Chaat masala is tangy spice that is usually sprinkled on top of savoury dishes as well as fruits to give it a burst of flavour. It can be easily found in speciality Indian stores. You may omit it from this recipe if unavailable.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com