Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp quick cooking tapioca
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cantaloupe melons, halved
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Wash strawberries, reserving 6 for garnish.
- Hull remaining berries.
- Puree strawberries in blender or food processor container.
- Add orange juice, tapioca and cinnamon; process for 10 seconds.
- Pour strawberry mixture into a 3-quart glass casserole dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 to 6 minutes or until tapioca is transparent.
- Stir in buttermilk, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind.
- Cover and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into melon halves.
- Garnish with yogurt and reserved strawberries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.