- 1 lb lamb leg (boneless - chopped into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes)
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 4 tablespoonful oil, ghee or melted butter.
- 1 small onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon coconut
- 4 almonds
- 4 oz natural plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoon water
- First of all grind the almonds and mix them with the garlic powder, ginger powder and coconut.
- Now add this mixture to the yogurt and stir it thoroughly.
- Put cubes of meat in a bowl and pour the mixed yogurt over it.
- Leave it for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Then pour the oil on the tawa and spread marinated meat over it.
- Cut the onion and layer it over the meat.
- Add 3 tablespoon of water and cover the pan.
- Leave it to cook for fifteen minutes on a low light.
- Take the lid off and stir the meat, put the lid back on and let it cook for further ten minutes.
- If the meat is golden brown and the oil starts to come out, its ready to be served, otherwise cook it for further five minutes.
- Serve with chutney and salad tip: always use halal or kosher meat for curries. Non-drained meat changes the colour and the taste of curries.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.