- ⅓ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ pastry flour
- 1 egg (for wash)
- a little milk
- almonds, blanched and sliced
- First beat butter to a cream; gradually beat in sugar, then egg, beaten without separating the white and yolk, and pastry flour.
- Cover the dough and let it remain in a cool place for one hour.
- Break off small pieces of the dough, knead to a smooth mass, then roll under the hands to the shape of a bread stick, about as thick as a round lead pencil; bring the ends towards the middle of the dough, pressing them onto it about an inch apart, forming two rings, then set on a baking tin, one ring overlapping the other.
- Brush with a beaten egg, diluted with a little milk, and press blanched-and-sliced almonds onto the dough.
- Bake in a moderate oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.