Leg of veal with wine sauce
- 5 – 6 lbs boned legs of veal, boned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, spiced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (with leaves)
- 1 parsley root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ lb bacon, cut into thin strips
- butter or margarine
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- salt and pepper
- Trim meat.
- With large needle push bacon strips through the meat.
- Rub with salt and pepper.
- Place onions, carrot, celery, parsley and 3 tablespoons butter on roasting pan.
- Add boiling water.
- Roast in oven (350 °F) until 170 °F in meat thermometer (30 minutes per pound).
- When half done, add wine, 2 teaspoon butter and stir in flour and sour cream.
- Every 15 minutes spread mixture on top and sides, cook until this has been absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.