In Romanian: Tort fraged cu marmelada
- 7 yolks
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- ¾ oz / 20 g ammonia powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- flour as needed to make dough
- marmalade to taste
- a few chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 whole egg
- Beat the Sugar with the butter until foamy.
- Add the yolks, one by one, ammonia powder, vanilla and flour at the end.
- Knead a soft dough and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 3 – 4 equal parts and roll sheets about ½ inch thick.
- Place one sheet in the baking pan, spread a layer of marmalade on top, place a second sheet over the marmalade and spread this one with marmalade too.
- Do this with all sheets.
- Do not top the last sheet with marmalade.
- Instead, wash with a beaten egg and sprinkle with sliced walnuts or almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes at medium heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.