Toquenos are Venezuelan cheese-filled pastries. Makes 1 Serving.
- 2 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 x egg yolks
- 1/2 lb butter room temperature
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbl Sugar
- 2 lb farmer's cheese
- Dissolve the salt and Sugar in the water.
- Mix all ingredients except the Cheese together.
- Knead to form a dough. Let rest.
- Cut Cheese into sticks
- Stretch the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut in strips about .
- Wrap each strip around a Cheese stick
- Pinch the ends so that the Cheese is fully covered
- Roll each tequeno in flour, to keep them from sticking.
- Deep fry the tequenos in very hot oil, until golden in color.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.