Description[edit | edit source]
My Mom makes this and Mom's Rosemary Pork Roast and I have tried both of them and they are delicious.
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yields 8 servings
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar, white only
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, dark or light only
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. pepper, black or red only
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, (about 3 pounds, halved)
- 6 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. cold water
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a greased, slow cooker.
- Add the roast and turn to cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the roast reads 170° F.
- Remove the roast and keep warm on a warmed platter.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water and whisk until smooth.
- Stir with the cooked juices. Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Stir for 2 minutes or until desired thickness. Serve gravy with the roast, as well as over the rice but cut into pieces with a chef's knife and transfer the roast to a large plate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.