- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tbsp mirin or sherry
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 tempeh burgers
Pineapple salsa Edit
- 2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- To make marinade, combine tamari, mirin, pineapple juice, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a shallow baking dish.
- Place tempeh burgers in marinade and set aside 15 minutes.
- Turn burgers occasionally to coat with marinade.
- Combine pineapple, red onion, green pepper, tomato, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and spices in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Remove tempeh burgers from marinade and grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with pineapple salsa.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: calories: 213 grams of fat: 6.4 cholesterol: 0 % fat calories: 27 grams fiber: 6.6
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.