Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Ready in: 30 – 60 minutes
- Serves/Makes: 6
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup regular or fat-free milk
- 6 bone-in pork rib chops (about 7 ounces or 2 pounds each, ¾ inch thick)
- hot sauce, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, black pepper powder, and the seasoned salt.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the egg and milk. Dip the chops in egg mixture after dredging with flour, then coat with crumbs.
- Transfer to a 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan coated with the nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 – 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° F. Serve hot and plain with rice. Drizzle with the hot sauce, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 pork chop):
- 299 calories | 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat | 120 mg cholesterol | 448 mg sodium | 12 g carbohydrate | 1 g fiber | 34 g protein.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat | 1 starch.