Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pounds large sweet onions
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice onions and cut each slice in half.
- Sauté onion slices in butter until crisp-tender then transfer to lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Combine soup, half-and-half, salt and pepper then pour mixture over onions.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce and arrange bread slices on top and brush with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.