Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 x 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook beef and onion in large skillet until meat loses its color, stirring to crumble.
- Combine chili sauce, garlic, salt and chili powder.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Add rice, beans and chiles.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Add tomato.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon meat mixture over lettuce.
- Top with cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.