- 1½ cups textured soy protein chunks or strips (unflavored)
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 4 teaspoon vegetarian 'seafood' flavored bouillon mix (from Harvest Direct)
- 1 x 2 inch piece of kombu seaweed (optional)
- ¾ cup soy vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- 2 – 3 tbsp prepared vegan mustard
- onion powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Mix the vegetarian 'seafood' flavored bouillon into the 1½ cup boiling water, then add it to the textured soy protein.
- Add the kombu seaweed, if desired, and let stand 20 – 30 minutes until textured soy protein is reconstituted.
- Remove seaweed and drain any remaining liquid.
- Process textured soy protein in a food processor until it resembles flaked tuna.
- Add the remaining ingredients, adjusting the amounts according to personal taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Use as a sandwich spread or on vegan crackers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.