- 6 oz. dried vermicelli
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges for garnish
1.Cook vermicelli according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
2.In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, ginger, crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter is melted.
3.Add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
4.Stir in cooked chicken, sweet red pepper, green onions and cilantro.
5.Serve with lime wedges.
- Thai Noodle Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource