Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 7 to 8 servings
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- ½ cup unsalted crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, grated
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the udon noodles for about five minutes or until tender.
- Drain and rinse the noodles under cold running water and let cool.
- Whisk the peanut butter, milk, ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl until well blended.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cooked noodles, cucumber, sprouts, carrot, green onions and mint.
- Whisk the peanut butter dressing and pour it over the salad.
- Stir until well coated and serve chilled on a bed of romaine leaves.
- Garnish with the roasted and chopped peanuts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.