- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2½ lb acorn squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 large green bell peppers, cubed
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, optional
- Heat large wok or skillet over medium heat until very hot.
- Add oil, and, when hot, add curry paste, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, brown sugar and tamari soy sauce, and cook 2 minutes.
- Add squash, and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water if mixture is too thick.
- When squash is almost tender, add scallions and green bell peppers, and continue cooking until squash is tender but still intact.
- To serve, garnish with Thai basil leaves, if using, and toss well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.