- 1 x 14-oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 5 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and diced (2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup peeled and diced butternut squash
- 4 cups slivered bok choy
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In large saucepan, combine coconut milk, water or broth, tofu, half the ginger, half the garlic, half the scallions, and salt and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer 1½ cups coconut milk mixture to large pot. Add mushrooms, carrots, Squash, remaining ginger, garlic and scallions. Cover and simmer over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy to pot and stir just until it begins to wilt, about 45 to 50 seconds. Add cilantro.
- Pour remaining coconut mixture over cooked vegetables and stir gently to combine and distribute tofu evenly. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.