- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3¾ cup winter squash
- 1¾ cup celery root, cut into
- 2 quart turkey stock
- ½ cup rice, uncooked
- 1¼ cup savoy cabbage, coarsely
- 2¼ cup turkey meat, cooked and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large heavy kettle.
- Add the winter squash (such as butternut or hubbard) and celery root; saute over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender and return to the kettle.
- Add the remaining squash and celery, and the uncooked rice.
- Cook the mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the savoy cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, or until the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cubed turkey meat.
- Heat until hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.