- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 3 cups steamed brown rice
- ½ cup dry oatmeal or cornmeal
- ½ cup almond or cashews, ground fine
- ¾ cup (approx.) tomato juice
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, ground fine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaping tablespoon of sage
- garlic powder (optional can be added while eating)
- 3 cups cooked millet
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbled (3 slices)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp light vegetable oil
- ½ tsp celery seed ground
- salt to taste
- Lightly sauté onions in a mixture of water and oil.
- Add celery and tomatoes, but only saute very little to soften and stop.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well, add bread crumbs and tomato juice to make stiff.
- Add water if the mixture seems too dry.
- Place in lightly oiled loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Serve with favourite veggy “gravy” (optional).
- After baking, cover with towel to keep moist, or if you like it dry, don't cover.
- Serve with parsley “gravy” entered separately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.