This may be obvious to everyone else, but I've just discovered how to make lovely "fruit butter."
- Get a pound of dried fruit (I used apricots).
- Put in a heavy saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Simmer for two hours.
- If there is a lot of liquid left, but the fruit is plump and tender and breaking up, turn up the heat and evaporate the water away until there"s just a tad, like maybe ½ cup.
- Pour this into a blender and puree for about a minute.
- Comes out just a bit stiffer than baby food.
- Really really rich and tasty, sweet and tart.
- Perfect for my cream of wheat in the morning and toast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.