From the Hobbit Restaurant, in Orange, California
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry (Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 pkg. salami (4 oz)
- Dijon mustard
- ½ lb Swiss cheese, sliced
- Thaw pastry by leaving it at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Spray baking sheet with PAM.
- Roll out the sheets of pastry to the size of the baking sheet.
- Cover bottom with 1 pastry sheet, overlapping the sides a little.
- Layer salami on pastry and top with cheese slices.
- Spread with mustard.
- Cover with second sheet of pastry and seal edges.
- Just before serving, pierce top layer generously with a fork.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- The pastry can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated to bake later.
- Don't pierce with fork until just before baking.
- Once baked, serve at once.
- A pizza cutter is ideal for cutting into appetizer servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.