Among the many Japanese food preparation methods, Teppanyaki is certainly one of the most ancient and unique ones! Teppanyaki is a method of cooking food that uses a hot iron griddle to cook food quicker and easier and also the cooking method gives the food a distinct flavour. Being a popular method of preparing food, one can try this at almost all Japanese restaurants around the globe it is so popular, it is even severed at resort properties the likes of The Nautilus Maldives!
If you have a griddle at home, you could also try the below teppanyaki dish recipe and enjoy this popular and exciting cooking style from the comfort of your home.
· 1lb sliced beef for Yakiniku
· 1 pepper
· 1 zucchini
· ¼ Kabocha pumpkin
· 1 onion
· Oil of your choice
· 2 tablespoon of sugar
· ¼ cup of soy sauce
· 2 chilli peppers (dried)
· 2 tablespoons of mirin
· 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
· 1 tablespoon of grated garlic
· ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
· ½ tablespoon of grounded sesame seeds
1. Start off with making the Yakiniku sauce; Slice the dried chilli and add them into a pot along with all the ingredients except the sesame oil. Cook the mixture thoroughly until it comes to a boil. Add in the sesame and continuously stir for 3 minutes.
3. Heat the oil on the griddle at high heat. Place the vegetables that take longer than meat then the sliced meat along with the dipping sauce on the griddle till the ingredients get perfectly grilled. Serve the grilled vegetables and meat hot.